Tarporley Fire Station History
Information about Tarporley Fire Station:
A fire station since 1866
Tarporley first had an independent station in 1866 and there as been a fire station here ever since. At that time, 1866 - 1957, they were situated at Park Road.
In 1957 the station moved to a new location in the centre of the High Street until 1993. This has since become a chocolate shop known as "The Old Fire Station Chocolate Shop". Whilst the fire engine was housed at High Street, the fire service Land Rover still resided in the old "hearse house", that should speak for itself, it's where the hearse used to be kept long ago, which is right next to the old fire station in Park Road.
In 1993 we moved to our present address in Birch Heath Road.
17th April 1993 Tarporley fire station was the proud winner of the "Retained National Quiz." That event is run by the Chief and Assistant Chief Fire Officers Association (CACFOA).