Problems For Businesses

False alarm signals can cause loss of production and general disruption of normal business activities.

Every time the fire alarm sounds, your staff must stop what they are doing and evacuate the building.

Lack of confidence

Continual false alarms may lead to complacency and a lack of confidence in the system by your personnel, affecting their willingness to take action when the alarm activates.

About 90% of automatic fire-detection and fire-alarm systems do not regularly cause false alarms. However, the remaining 10% are involved in most false alarms.

Disruption

Every false alarm causes disruption. This may affect your customer service, your productivity or the general routine of your organisation.

The cost of false alarms in the UK is estimated to be about 1 billion a year!

Last updated: Friday 26 July 2013