In consideration of the climate crisis, I would like to request the following information about how the organisation is enabling staff to reduce their emissions through sustainable transport, and more specifically, cycling.
1) over the past five years, broken down by year -
a) how many staff members used the Cycle to Work scheme?
b) what percentage of staff was this?
c) what was the average value of the vouchers claimed on the scheme?
d) what was the number of those who took up the scheme, who then failed to complete, leaving the Council with costs?
Number of employee applicants
Percentage of staff
Average value of vouchers
Number of staff failed to complete
2) what tools does the organisation use to encourage cycling for their staff
All employees are encouraged to look after their fitness. For Firefighters they need to maintain fitness standards as part of their job requirement. Employees have access to workplace gyms at stations across the county, access to Occupational Health, Fitness Advisors and have regular medicals dependent upon role. Information regarding the Cycle To Work scheme is promoted on our internal Intranet pages and also advertised at points during year in our weekly bulletins to all staff.
3) with regards to staff, does the organisation -
a) have any monitoring for what modes of transport staff use
i) for their journey to work - No
ii) for journeys during work time - No
b) and if this data is recorded, I request a copy of such data as detailed as it can be reasonably given, while still protecting personal data rights - N/A
4) how many of the following does the organisation have available for staff use
a) pedal cycles - none
b) electric bikes - none
c) motorbikes - 2
d) internal combustion cars - 47
e) electric or hybrid cars - 42
f) internal combustion vans - 23
g) electric or hybrid vans - none
h) heavy trucks - 55
5) does the organisation mileage scheme clearly state the claim rate for cycling - no
6) how many cycling miles have been claimed by the organisation's staff in the past five years
7) Regarding your current cycle to work scheme:
a) what scheme is currently in place - Green Commute Initiative
b) what is the maximum limit on the cost of a bike, if a limit is currently in place - £3000.00
Last updated: Friday, 20 October 2023