After a fire - insurance information

If you have had a fire at your home, you should do the following as soon as possible:

  • Contact your insurance company, inform them of the incident, obtain and complete a claims form.

  • Return the form to the address shown on the claims form. They may wish to inspect your property before anything is moved.

  • If you are un-insured, you may be able to get financial help or furniture from your local Social Security office.

  • If you have money that is partially burned it can be taken to a bank for replacement.

  • If you rent or lease the property you may be required to contact the landlord/landlady or his agent.

After a fire - more information

Please use the following links for more information:

Last updated: Thursday, 22 June 2023